Monday, October 27, 2008

Let's Go Buffalo!

It's football season. Now the heart of football season. I am a Buffalo Bills fan. I was raised on football, so all other sports are relegated to second fiddle. If the Bills played the Mets, I would expose my inner frat boy and cheer my heart out for the Bills against the Betsy Wetsy baseball players. I will not apologize for this. Nor will I apologize for caring so much about something that world peace depends nothing on. (But the NFL does do a lot for the United Way. Beeyotches.)

In order to be a Bills fan you must possess an inborn optimism that defies all logic, even if you spend most of the game yelling at the television and your beloved team. For example, I'm still super pissed off that we - yes we - lost to Miami on Sunday. I wrote my team off early in the third quarter and could not be swayed. Bills fans learn to expect the worse, because sometimes expecting the worst helps the worst hurt less. But we still hope for the best, because on those occasions the Bills do well we yell twice as loud for them as we did AT them. Word of warning: under no circumstances agree with me when I say the Bills suck, unless you are a member of my family or a card-carrying Bills fan. (You earn the card by opening beer cans with your teeth and knowing how you should feel about Rob Johnson.)

So, for myself and for all you Bills fans out there who are disheartened after Sunday, here are some videos to help remind you why we, insanely and/or inexplicibly, love the Bills.










No comments: