Monday, January 05, 2009

We got a new camera

For Christmas Tim and I got a late, great wedding gift. With this money we bought a new digitial camera, a purchase long overdue. Here is a picture of my old camera:



I've had this camera for at least five years. It's treated me well, but it was time to move on.

We decided to buy a Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD, which arrived just a few days ago. After church yesterday, since it was sunny and snowy, we took a trip up to Sky Lake to play with our new camera. This got me outside for a sustained period of time in the winter, which made Tim happy since he actually likes winter.

Side note
This is the second time this winter I've played outside, the other time being the weekend before Christmas in Alfred, where my extended family found itself on top of a long, curvy, iced-over driveway and spent the entire day racing sleds down this long, curvy, iced-over driveway. This is kind of a big deal: Last year I skied in April, and that was the extent of my winter activities. So, yes, I want a trophy.
Side note over


Below are a few of the pictures we took.











1 comment:

Stacy said...

Since you love winter so much, perhaps you should come skiing at Greenwood when it opens :)

And I'm going to miss that camera :(