Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dating Tip: Don't Date Lying Lifeguards or Confessional Killers

Or any kind of liar or killer, really. This dating tip could also fall under the "posting incriminating photos on the Internet" tip, a tip that cannot be repeated enough.

Today's warnings come from jolly old England. Despite his sweet tats and penchant for surfing, deny your urges for Joe Olroy of Paignton, Devon. You may be impressed as well by his lifesaving abilities and his knack for cheating the system, but, really, don't be. Joey O, who the Department of Work and Pensions believed to be afflicted with various debilitating ailments, posted current photos of himself surfing and boating on his Facebook. In fact, if it is a valid Facebook account, the photo of him boating is his profile picture.

Speaking of Facebook, pay attention to your date's status updates, and maybe be a little worried if it states "i feel like killing some1." The a-hole I quote is Leon Craig Ramsden, who allegedly stabbed a man to death a few hours after his helpful update. Tributes to Paul Gilligan, the murdered man, can be found here. Even if Ramsden is not convicted, I wouldn't recommend dating someone who feels like killing someone and lets everyone on Facebook know.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara, this is Sara Dodson. I just want to say, I agree with you. You shouldn't date lying lifeguards! And that is from personal experience!

Sarah said...

Now that you mention it, I realize that I also have experience dating a lying lifeguard. Although he did not steal a large amount of money from me, I would say that it wasn't one of my wisest decisions.

However, I did learn from this experience, and I've found that falling in love with a non-lying (truthing?) lifeguard can be very rewarding.