Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Love Letter #19

Dear psycho lady from Hartford at the BU basketball game,

I do not generally encourage psychoness, but in your case I will make an exception. Not only was the game at which I saw you the most entertaining game of basketball I've ever attended, but it was the most entertaining postgame show I've ever witnessed. I have you to thank for this. You and your red sweater and frantic disposition. Your overzealousness and your general disregard for blood pressure rate or the well-being of those around you are to be admired--from the mezzanine, far, far away.

Remember when you got yelled at for going onto the court? What was up with that? Didn't that student worker know that you have a right to talk directly to the referee? I'm sure you told Coach Liebovitz, and Coach Gallagher, and Coach Gerlufsen, and Coach Broadnax all about it, and they rightly sympathized until you left them alone. That Coach Gallagher is a great hugger, isn't he? He sure looked like a good hugger--from the mezzanine, far, far away.

The ticket stub from this game may make it into my scrapbook.

Love,
Tara

No comments: