Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Watch out for the whimsy

A few posts ago I talked about walking around the West Village on a whim one afternoon. It has since become one of my favorite things to do. Since we recently had our camera fixed, I decided to take it with me yesterday morning. Here is what I see.


The Magnolia Bakery. There are Magnolia Bakeries closer to me than this one, and a fantastic Hungarian pastry shop a few blocks away, but I like this particular bakery. Location, location, location. And the dude leaning on the mailbox.



Used book store. I did not go in, and thus have at least some money left to my name.



I took this picture mostly because I want the blue bike. So, added to the book store photo, it seems my photo journal is also my Christmas list.



Perry Street. My favorite street. Many streets all over New York City look like this street, especially in the West Village and Brooklyn, but I've decided that Perry is my favorite.



This is Hudson River Park, at which I sit on the picnic table and work (or not). This is a view back toward the street. The two tall glass buildings are on the corner of Perry Street and West Street. All-glass buildings may be my least favorite type of building (probably because I like to throw stones), but I love these apartments. What you can't see in this photo is inside these buildings. From what I can tell from being a gawker - which I don't feel so bad about since the buildings are made of glass I can see through - the apartments are multilevel, open, postmodern lofts and have a sweet spiral staircase. The view of the river from these apartments must be grand. So, once Tim becomes a public school teacher and we can afford an $18,000 a month mortgage payment, we'll move there. And once Miramax discovers this blog and pays me the billions it's worth to turn into a movie, we'll move to the unit with the spiral staircase. These are also the buildings in front of which I saw two paparazzi sitting, so I'd have a famous neighbor. Tina Fey? Steven Tyler? (It's probably better if I don't find out.) However, since I get mistaken for Charlize Theron all of the time, the paps might get annoying.



Here's my cupcake, my proofreading job, the river, and New Jersey. The end.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Can you smell New Jersey from here?

Unknown said...

Nope!