Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What should our trivia name be?

A few weeks ago my brother introduced me to a text messaging service known as ChaCha. Maybe you already know about it. Maybe I'm way behind on the times. Maybe I'm the person who rented a movie that came out three years ago and now wants to discuss it with you as if it were new (I stole this from Jim Gaffigan). Either way, I'm going to talk about ChaCha, or 242-242.

It's simple. If you have a question and are not near a computer or a reference section but you do have your cell phone, text 242-242 with your question, and they will text back an answer. I know texting Googl (466-453) offer sports scores, weather, phone numbers, etc., but I don't think it answers questions directly. Even if it does, I will not cheat on ChaCha because of last night, so I'm not even going to check Googl.

During a discussion - not during trivia because we don't cheat unless everyone else does - the question came up of whether Mike Arcuri or Richard Hannah won the U.S. House seat in NY. I texted ChaCha, who told me that Mike Arcuri had won. Good to know. We then were trying to decide on a trivia name, and, as you may be able to tell by this blog entry's title, I decided to ask ChaCha. The answer? Flonkerton.

Perfect.

1 comment:

literarychica said...

ChaCha rocks! I had no clue ChaCha even existed until that night we were looking for a trivia name. But now that I know, I can't wait to try it. :-)

Liana