Sunday, February 14, 2010

Because it's Valentine's Day

In past Februarys I've spent the month writing love letters to people and things who or that make my life better. This is actually a lot of fun to do and I'm a little disappointed I forgot about it this year. But since it's Valentine's Day (and not yet Lent so I can talk about myself to excess), I feel like sharing a few things in my life that deserve a valentine:

Public transportation, bakeries, organizations that give away free Broadway tickets, my rain boots, television, Twitter, Netflix, coffee, my iPod, Hugh Jackman, online ordering and grocery delivery for their convenience and for reducing any need for me to interact with human beings, sarcasm, irony, greenmarkets, Sarah Palin, local news, e-editing, coupons and discounts and happy hour, public parks, beers, gossip blogs and the celebrities they birth and nurture and neglect and manslaughter, the D.E.N.N.I.S Method, uncurtained windows I can look in, and Cheetos.

Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day!

No comments: