Thursday, October 19, 2006

But it's a good refrain.

This blog is a repeat. I wrote it on October 14.

My semipro hockey injury

Tonight at the B-Sens game, which they lost, I was sitting in the wonderful company seats. I'm not saying "wonderful" in a sarcastic manner. They really are great seats--lots of leg room, a wall to put your feet/beer on, 4 rows from the ice. However, your line of vision lays just above the Plexiglas, which means a puck could enter your line of vision, strike your hand, then bounce off of your husband's chest.

Well I'm kind of proud of my badass injury, mostly because I didn't get hit in the face. That would have been more embarrassing. Instead, with my catlike reflexes I saw the puck out of the corner of my eye and got my hands in front of my face. That the puck wasn't moving too horribly fast takes nothing away from my reflexes being catlike. Like a champ I reassured my concerned section that I was okay. "Did you get the puck?" a fellow fan asked. Tim proudly placed it in my hand. Yes, I have an Official game puck, which was frozen, which was used for the rest of the game to ice my swollen finger :-) (It even has my blood on it.

I figured such an important event in a girl's life needed documenting. It only hit my finger. I still have all my teeth. My nose is already crooked.


No comments: