Wednesday, September 30, 2009

(Scary) Adventures in New York City

Don't worry; it's scary on purpose. In the name of trying new things, and because I hate myself, this Friday I will be going to Nightmare: Vampires, "New York's Most Horrifying Haunted House." (We also had a coupon.)

I'm not an adrenaline junkie, nor am I a fan of scary movies. I'm also not a good person to take to haunted houses because my first instinct when someone jumps out at me is to punch him or her. However, this isn't your typical stick your hand in "eyeballs" and mummies popping out of tombs haunted house. If you haven't already clicked on the link above, once you do you'll see what I'm talking about. And no grabbing or touching is involved. I checked. It's theater . . . in which you are one of the characters.

It took me a good hour to decide whether I wanted to go. I don't think I'll regret it, as long as I don't soil myself or punch anyone, and may even have fun, but I'm really not looking forward to waiting in line to go in. This has nothing to do with the waiting or the line, just the fear/anxiety/anticipation I'll be feeling before we go in. This will probably be the worst part. I could drink a glass or two or eight of wine to relax, but then I might pee my pants. Maybe a shot or two? I might throw up. Drink or take nothing? I might have a heart attack. I've got two days to make this very important decision. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: