Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Return from the road trip


Some highlights from our road trip:


* My car getting 42 miles per gallon

* Passing the Shamokin/Pottsville sign on I-81

* West Virginia's policy of construction zone speed applying only when lights are flashing

* Witnessing a man karate kick the diesel pump

* My "Peace is Patriotic" magnet remaining on my car below the Mason-Dixon and back

* Drinking Guiness outside . . . legally

* Bodo's Bagels being a short walk from our cheap (but nice) hotel

* Getting to Monticello early enough to see the fog on the mountains

* Love lies bleeding being still fully in bloom

* Ignoring the GPS's directions

* The larger-than-life size Jesus cutout behind a trailor in Fishersville, VA (exit 91 off I-64)

* Five hours of talk radio

* Getting home in time to watch some of the Scrubs marathon on TV Land--which we get.

* My husand getting why I like Monticello


No comments: