Friday, April 04, 2008

Help fight cancer!

If you yourself haven't had cancer, you know or have lost someone who has. This sucks. So I am once again participating the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life this summer. Relay for Life is an all-night event held to raise money and awareness with the goal of eliminating cancer. Teams camp out on a track and must have one person on the track at all times--yes, even at 3:00 a.m., rain or moon. Most important, the teams raise money before and during the event.

Most cancers are preventable. Most cancers can be detected early. Most cancers can be treated. I Relay for education, better detection methods, and better treatment methods, but what I Relay most for is a CURE. Scientists and researchers get closer every day--but they need funding to be able to do so. So give me money (to give to the American Cancer Society)!

How? Visit my Relay for Life page here. There is a secure online donation form you can use to donate to me or to my team, the PT Cruisers. Please consider donating a dollar or two or fifty. If enough people donate just a dollar we can reach our team fund-raising goal, and help stop this stupid disease. My Web site also has instructions for donating offline as well.

Thank you in advance.

No comments: